By Doug Frampton, Lodge Veterans Chairperson & Bobbi Galbraith, PER
When you are out shopping, don’t forget our Veterans:
Please pick up a few items for the Veterans residing at the Yountville Veterans Home. Together we Elks can help improve their quality of life. The District’s Veterans Service Chairperson has provided the following wish list. The items are helpful to the hospital patients, those in the Veterans home and the Memory Care Center just to name a few. Drop items off at the Petaluma Lodge in the Veteran’s Basket. We will get the items (and paperwork) to the District Chairperson who will then deliver to his proper contacts at the home to ensure items get to the intended Veterans.
Bingo prizes needed:
Candy, Chips, Jerky, Peanuts in the Shell, Microwave Popcorn, Cup of Soup, Tea Bags, Instant & Regular Coffee, Stationery, Envelopes, Stamps.
Yountville Veterans Wish List
We have received a new list of requirements for Yountville; if you have something for Yountville
that is not on this list we cannot accept at this time. With this in mind, below is a list of items that we can take in:
- All types of snacks: candy, chips, peanuts in the shell, jerky, microwave popcorn, cup-of-soup, tea bags, instant coffee (decaf & regular).
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, hair shampoo, combs, hairbrushes (men/women), hand soap.
- Stationery, envelopes, stamps, large print books.
- DVD Movies (non-violent), CD music, Audio Books, Table Games, Puzzle Books.
- Bird Seeds, we love to watch the birds!
- Socks for men and women.
- MUST BE NEW: Men’s & ladies, watches, jewlery, caps, hats, scarves, gloves and unbrellas.
- MUST BE NEW and in original box following appliances are now being accepted: microwaves, coffee-makers, 50″ flat screen TV, blenders, slow cookers, DVD players, toaster ovens, electric shavers.
- NOT BEING ACCEPTED: Clothing of any kind, candles, food in cans or jars, alcohol, jigsaw puzzles, playing cards, books, magazines, medical supplies, liquid or bubble bath soap (no bathtubs).
If you have any questions, please call Doug Frampton 707-477-5651.
Any donations, large or small, for hospitalized patients would be appreciated.
Please leave donations in the Veteran’s Basket at Lodge office.